RE: Dumb Question on Cross-Development

> Perfect it is not, but it's not nearly _that_ bad either. I would
> say 40% of the RPMs I've tried will configure out of the box for
> a cross build. Another 40% or so require a few "export
> ac_cv_sizeof_long=4" kind of settings to configure for a cross
> build. The remaining 20% are painful.

Yeah, and it's not so bad once you start building up a config.site file you
can reuse across builds.  I got this idea from the debian dpkg-cross
package.  For people who aren't debian-y, the idea is that you set
CONFIG_SITE to point at a file like
http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~acedil1/agenda/files/agenda-config.site and run
configure as normal.  (I don't think I like that particular file but it
should give you ideas.)

BTW dpkg-cross comes with a tool that does ldd via grepping through objdump
output.

Jay