Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development

I would like to join the fun of cross-compiling RPMs.
What I have done so far with userland is simply to collect precompiled
binaries, and only compiled less than a handful of RPMs natively.
So where do I start ?
I have started out getting the tarball
(ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/crossdev/cross-all-20010303.tar)
and compiled everything on a linux hosted PC, it worked fine, though I had
to upgrade from redhat6.1 to redhat7.0. Nice work whoever put this together.

Now I would like to start cross compile SRPMs (let say redhat7.0).
What do I need to do to make the SRPMS cross compile ?
Could someone please get me booted or is there an howto somewhere ?
I realize it probably gonna be hard work, but I like to join the fun, at
least so I have an idea what exactly the problems are, and hopefully with
time I can contribute in the bug fixing.

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com