Re: config option vs. run-time detection (the debate continues ...)

"Maciej W. Rozycki" wrote:

>  But the code that needs to know whether there is a real FPU present is
> indeed minimal (as it should be) thus the gain from removing the detection
> altogether in favour to a config option is at least questionable if not
> insane.

Do you like run-time detection better because it allows a kernel to run on
CPUs both with a FPU and without a FPU?  Or there is something else to it?

Another question.  I know with mips32 and mips64 we can do run-time detection
reliably.  What about other existing processors?

Jun