[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
updated server, broke mhonarc/mharc
- To: mhonarc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: updated server, broke mhonarc/mharc
- From: mathog <mathog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 17:02:50 -0700
- Http-posting-client: 188.8.131.52
- Http-posting-uri: saf.bio.caltech.edu:443/roundcubemail/index.php
- Http-posting-user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0 SeaMonkey/2.20
- Reply-to: mhonarc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Roundcube Webmail/0.9.4
I recently upgraded a server (Mandriva 2010 to Mageia 3), and even
though the account and mhonarc/mharc parts were not modified in any way,
the upgrade somehow broke them. As if something changed in procmail, or
perl, or something like that.
One change is that while previously if the input mail spool held two
messages, they would both be processed fully, now only the first is.
Run this manually, from the special account:
./archives/bin/logcmd -log ./archives/log/cron.log --
The failure mode is a bit odd:
1. only the first message's msgid gets into msgid.cache
2. both are concatenated to the appropriate mbox file
3. only the first message is converted to html.
If I then go back, copy the 2nd message again into the input mailbox
and run the command again, then it fully processes the second message,
whether or not the previous version was first edited out of the
Any idea what might be causing this?
It is possible that this multiple message problem was always there, and
I just picked up on it now because several messages had piled up while
the server was being updated, so I noticed when one of them went away.
Also, since the upgrade the procmail.log file has these:
defined(%hash) is deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16.3/readmail.pl line 223.
(Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
Manager, Sequence Analysis Facility, Biology Division, Caltech
[Index of Archives]