Re: Wishlist: Please add real email address support with unlock code!

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 09:56:28PM -0700, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

> >When you click on "...", it will give you the entire message after
> >typing the right code!
>
> The 'type in a code' mechanism is called a CAPTHCA. See:
>
>   http://www.captcha.net/
>   http://www2.parc.com/istl/projects/captcha/
>
> The typical mechanism for defeating a CAPTCHA is to screen scrape
> the image, and reuse it on a pornography website. Essentially the
> bad guys trick humans into doing the work for them.

LOL!
I never heard that, but it's a good idea! lol
But for a spammer, he should wait for years if he has not 100 000 visitors per day on his porno site.
And if he has, he has no reason to win extra money with spam, because I think it's better paid.

--
Best regards,
saf