regex modifying $FROM$

Hi all...

I'm using mhonarc to archive a listserv, and I'd like to provide a small amount of search functionality by subject/author name/date. To do this, I've made a resource file that basically creates a mysql script with message file name, date, author "name", author email, and subject, which I can then access via a LAMP setup. However, I'm having problems with the author name portion. Some people have single quotes in their email client settings, which of course breaks the mysql "insert into..." command.

I had the same problem with the subject field, but the SUBJECTSTRIPCODE stanza in the mrc file fixes that (s/\'//g). Is there anything similar I can do with the author-name field?

I'm using Mhonarc v2.6.10 on an iMac running Debian-testing/ppc.

Thanks in advance.

Steve