Re: mhastart.pl errors

Tim Gwinn wrote:
I then created a directory for '/mherrors' and set it to 666.

That presupposes the directory '/mherrors' at the root of the file system, which I assume is not correct. Haven't you rather created a directory in the document root of your user account? In that case you should state the *full* path the the directory.

Furthermore, assuming that you are on Unix or Linux, the file
permission 666 for a directory is not sufficient to allow a CGI script
to create files in it. Depending on the server configuration, you need
at least 700, maybe 777.

Running the program now told me it could not open the
'/mherrors/ERRORLOG.TXT' file. ("No such file or directory" was the
error.)

That's because you hadn't stated the correct path. (If the path had been correct it would have complained about the permission instead.)

I then created a zero-byte file in /mherrors entitled ERRORLOG.TXT
and set it to 666.

That's an unnecessary step.

HTH

--