RE: Creating a Mhonarc archive from MS Outlook emails

Title: Message
Hi:

First -- a tremendous amount of thanks for this tip.  I've been struggling to figure out how to get my old Emails out of these Outlook archives, and this trick works great!

One question -- when you talk about HTML formatting being lost by Thunderbird, what type of formatting do you mean?  The only things that don't seem to translate well are HTML image attachments -- like spliced images -- but I'm mostly getting that in Email advertising which I don't care about so much.  The rest of formatting, fonts, color, etc, seem to come across fine.

I'm using Thunderbird 0.5 (your message indicates 0.4) -- did it change that much between those versions?

Just curious -- thanks.

Side question -- are there any practical limits to the number of messages MHonArc can convert into an archive?  I've been testing in batches of 350, and it only takes a few minutes on my laptop.  But, if I try to dump thousands of messages in there will I hit some limit of what can be processed?  Thanks in advance.

-Lyle

Lyle Schofield
Tel: (301) 929-7624
www.daou.com

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete any copy of it from your computer system.