Re: Non-procmail method of filtering email and bypassing /var/mail/<user> storage?

Harvey Tokunaga wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/archives.html#forward

Also, I wrote a help script for MHonArc that, among other things,
can be used as such a wrapper:

http://www.gunnar.cc/mhonarc/mhastart.pl.html

I've browsed your doc but I don't think it addresses my issues.

My questions are:
1.  How do I sort emails titled "Subject 1" to archive 1 and
"Subject 2" to archive 2?  I don't have access to procmail at this
time.
2.  How do I avoid sending emails to /var/mail/<user> and, instead,
process them directly into MHonArc?  It seems that using a .forward
file still keeps a copy in my Unix mbox.  I know there are methods
to remove mbox entries after the fact but can I bypass it
completely?

Sorry, I should have said that I didn't even try to address the first question, and maybe I misunderstood the second. :(

This is the example in the FAQ:

\ehood, "|/home/ehood/bin/webnewmail #ehood"

If I haven't misunderstood anything, you prevent that a copy is kept
by skipping the

\ehood,

part.

As regards the first question, and provided that you are using a
wrapper program, I suppose that you would need to write some code that
parses the message headers and make the -outdir option dependent on
"Subject:".

HTH

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson