Preserving attachment file names

I have a list archive with three attachments per message: two binaries
and a text. All three are receiving the correct name in the link in the
archive, but the files, when downloaded, are called binxxxx.bin, rather
than ct-671.cbv, ct-671.pdf and ct-671.pgn.

The contents of the files are correct, just the names are incorrect,
which means anyone bringing them down will have to rename them before
using them.

Is there any way to preserve at least the file extensions, if not the
entire name? (This is a controlled list, so files with the same name
should be files with the same content, so that's not a problem. As you
might guess from the names, we serialize the file names when the files
are produced.) Preserving at least the file extensions would help
greatly, so at least we could tell which file should be opened with
which application.

Have fun,
Arlen

-----
In God We Trust, all others must supply data