Re: Automatic linking to a mhonarc archive

Earl Hood wrote:

> The location of a message on an index page is not known until MHonArc
> is writing/editing the HTML pages.  A solution would require two
> step process:
>
> 1. Use the $mhonarc::CBMessageHeadRead callback to store the index
>    and message-id of new messages (probably in some kind of hash).
>
> 2. At the end of archive processing, go through your hash and
>    resolve which index page each new message is listed under.  This
>    could be done by calling the mhonarc::replace_li_var() function
>    directly:
>
>     $idx_file = mhonarc::replace_li_var('$IDXFNAME$', $index);
>
>    Where $index is the message index you save in
>    $mhonarc::CBMessageHeadRead.  Now you should have the
>    index filename and the message-id (which you grabbed in
>    $mhonarc::CBMessageHeadRead) to support your linking.

I've done this, but I don't get a callback to mhonarc::CBMessageHeadRead if
a message is moved between one index page and another, due to the insertion
of an earlier message.  How do I figure out that a message has been moved
onto a different index page?  Would it be better to iterate through all the
messages in say %mhonarc::IndexNum at the end of processing?

BTW, what is the control character stuck on the end of lots of the hash keys
in .monharc.db?

Ta,

--
Alan Burlison