Re: use of HTML in AddressModifyCode

On May 27, 2002 at 09:09, John Belmonte wrote:

> I'd like to use HTML in the email addresses, but in something like
>
>      <AddressModifyCode>
>      s/\./&#046;/g;
>      </AddressModifyCode>
>
> the "&#046;" is escaped and printed literally.  There are many uses for
> this in address obfuscation such as using a graphic for @, using a
> table, etc.  Is there any solution?

The AddressModifyCode works on the raw data.  As for using
"&#046;" is address obfuscation, it is a very weak form since any
decent address harvester would expand entity references before
doing detection.  Why not use something like:

  <AddressModifyCode>
  s/\./ dot /g;
  s/\@/ AT /g;
  </AddressModifyCode>