Re: MHonArc development status

On April 11, 2002 at 13:33, pegmgr@po.peg.com wrote:

>    >mharc will be a separate package from MHonArc with its own release
>    >schedule.  I'll try to release at the same time as the next MHonArc
>    >release, but if there are people who are interested in it, I cam
>    >make a version temporarily available.

> I manage some 40-50 topically related lists and I'm particularly
> interested in anything which will ease the burden. I'm especially
> interested in how you configured Namazu to allow searches to
> cross multiple lists and multiple time periods without having
> to search all time periods or all lists.

Each list has its one search index.  You cannot do a search that
will automatically search multiple indexes (i.e. there is no "global"
search form), but I do use some Javascript to track the index name in
result and help pages so the user does not have to manually select a
index to search each time.  Hopefully, the Namazu maintainers will
update namazu.cgi to provide a template variable representing the
index name so Javascript can be avoided.  I could probably do a patch
myself, but have not looked into it seriously.

I've made a copy of mharc at the following URLs:

  <http://www.mhonarc.org/tar/mharc-0.1.3.tar.gz>
  <http://www.nacs.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/tar/mharc-0.1.3.tar.gz>

Feedback is welcome,

--ewh