Re: no new message ??

On November 18, 2001 at 09:34, "M@rms" wrote:

> I'm new to mhOnArc and I can't have it to build fully my archive
> files. I've tried to use the -add switch, on mail messages, on a
> Maildir file, and without the -add switch, but always the sae result,
> when he parse my messages files, he don't want to index find half of
> them.
>
> I've seen in archives, that this can be caused by a MsgSep directive,
> I've tried to change it with specified samples, but not more result.
> Either with the default directive or the following:
> <MsgSep>
> ^From\s+(?:"[^"]+"@\S+|\S+)\s+\S+\s+\S+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+\s+\d+
> </MsgSep>
> don't solve the problem.
>
> Can someone give me some hint on where the problem can be ?

Can you provide me with a sample test case illustrating the problem?

> Archive are available from here: http://support.phpedit.net/ as you
> can see on July, September all is fine, but for October only half are
> indexed and none for November.

I get a server error trying to access Nov.  Also, it would be hard
to see the problem since I would have to see the raw mail data to
see that messages are getting skipped.

> The problem is still here when I call mhonarc when a new mail is
> received, it is not indexed :-(

Can you replicate outside of generating PHP files?  If you run
mhonarc *without* -quiet, what is the new message count displayed
when trying to add a message?

BTW, you might want to upgrade to v2.5.1 if you ever plan on
using the OTHERINDEXES resource.  See recent past mail traffic on
the list for more information.

--ewh