Re: Removing attachments

On February 12, 2001 at 10:07, Scott Hayes wrote:

> Is there a setting or a simple way to remove attachments with Mhonarc? All
> that we want in the archive is the text or html part of the message, not
> the binary attachments such as Word files or spread sheets.

Use the MIMEFILTERS resource and register the m2h_null::filter to
the content-types you do not want to have saved in the archive.
For example:

<MIMEFILTERS>
application/octet-stream;m2h_null::filter;mhnull.pl
</MIMEFILTERS>

If you want to be really restrictive, you could use something like
the following:

<MIMEFilters override>
text/*;                    m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
text/enriched;             m2h_text_enriched::filter;   mhtxtenrich.pl
text/html;                 m2h_text_html::filter;       mhtxthtml.pl
text/plain;                m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
text/richtext;             m2h_text_enriched::filter;   mhtxtenrich.pl
text/setext;               m2h_text_setext::filter;     mhtxtsetext.pl
text/tab-separated-values; m2h_text_tsv::filter;        mhtxttsv.pl
text/x-html;               m2h_text_html::filter;       mhtxthtml.pl
text/x-setext;             m2h_text_setext::filter;     mhtxtsetext.pl
</MIMEFilters>

The above overrides the any built-in settings defined my MHonArc
(via the "override" attribute) and only defines filters for the
content-types we are interested in handling.

--ewh