Re: -mhpattern on NT systems?

On December 3, 2000 at 21:51, Gerry Hickman wrote:

> When using the -mhpattern command line parameter on Windows NT it seems
> I must enclose the regex in double quotes. Single quotes and forward
> slashes do not appear to work.

Windows' command shell does support quoting like Unix-based shells do.

> This is fine for batch files and manual input but I've run into a
> problem trying to use this in a Windows Scripting Host file. It
> basically doesn't like the double quotes. I tried wrapping the whole
> command line in yet more double quotes but that didn't work either. I
> got it working in the end using %COMSPEC% at the start of the command
> line, but I was wondering if there's a better way?

Use an OS with real command-line shells ;^)

The command shell on Windows systems suck and very limited when it
comes to quoting arguments.  Who knows what the rules are in
a Windows Scripting Host?  Is possible to have it call a wrapper
Perl(?) script that then calls MHonArc with arguments you need?

--ewh