Re: N900 consumes too much power

Dne 5.8.2012 20:17, Andrew Flegg napsal(a):
On 5 August 2012 19:07, Pavel Řezníček <cigydd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After the suggestions of others, I think one problem is that I'm connected
all the time to my WiFi at home. But it isn't everything. Even when not
connected (while I'm outdoors), the battery lives for hours, never days.
I'll try to investigate the battery killer ;-)
Maintaining a TCP/IP connection drains the battery; so things like IM
accounts are the antithesis of long battery life. Some protocols are
also "thirstier" than others.

It's a shame, because one of the advantages of Maemo 5 is its design
to be always connected. Unfortunately, that isn't conducive to
multi-day battery life.

Some of the other power (limited QA, mainstream Linux userland, full
multitasking) also makes it very easy for software (including Nokia's)
to accidentally drain the battery by not being well written, not using
the heartbeat functionality and not stopping doing things when not in
the foreground.

HTH,

Andrew

Yes, you are right, Andrew. I should then use a connection stopper application. Thank you for the tips. Still, I suspect that something else drains the battery power because I never did it to a day up and running, even when offline.

Pavel