Re: Any news on N9 release?

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 09:41, Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> As if MeeGo, Maemo, Android, et al aren't actually running a Linux kernel.

Linux kernel is only half the story.

If I understood the explanation given to me some time ago, Android is
very restricted in the sense of the APIs available to the developer.
You don´t have X11 or other things you expect
on a Linux system, at least without deeply hacking into it which most
end-user consumers won´t do.

Just my $0.02
FC