Re: Any news on N9 release?

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le mardi 21 juin 2011 à 11:39 -0500, Paul Hartman a écrit :
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
>> <francisco.diaztrepat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Any Ideas, rumors?
>> > I miss my N900.
>>
>> Well, here it is finally, with the confusing name of N9-00 (not to be
>> confused with N900), but it's a big disappointment if you ask me
>
> So I ask you: why the disappointment ?

Primarily: lack of keyboard, lack of SD card slot, lack of adobe
flash, outdated display/CPU/GPU specs compared to other announced
top-of-the-line phones.

I'm not sure about the UI that I've seen in the online previews but
having not used it myself, I can't make an educated evaluation about
it. But, on the surface, it looks more "smartphone" like another
iphone/android/symbian kind of device, which does not interest me. I
prefer more of a desktop experience like Maemo5 provides.

After the leaked photos and video showing silver device with black
keyboard, I had hope that we might get an "improved N900" kind of
form-factor. Unfortunately it seems that device will never be sold.
Too bad.

It seems N9 is not targeted at niche linux geek audience, but trying
to oversimplify for the general user. Maybe that's good strategy for
Nokia in this case (only time will tell), but for me, personally, it's
a big disappointment because I have no interest in a device like that.
I'm a niche linux geek. ;)

N9 has 1 GB of RAM, that's the part I'm most jealous of.