Using phone as modem

Somewhat off-topic, but I suspect there's the expertise on this list.

A while ago I had a Nokia 6820 phone which I had working as a modem from a Linux laptop with a USB cable and pppd. Then I had it working with an N810 over Bluetooth. Then the laptop was stolen and I lost the phone. Now I have a Nokia E71 phone on the same carrier. When I paired the new phone with the N810 the modem connection worked.

I have a new laptop (Dell inspiron 1525) with a Bluetooth card. I'd like to use that with the phone, too, but I'm not sure how. It's got Fedora Core 9. I assume if the N810 can connect then the laptop ought to be able to

Any suggestions ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada