Re: N900 stuck on 5 dots forever

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 10:32 -0600, ext Paul Hartman wrote:
> I know reflash of FIASCO image can most likely "fix" it by starting
> over, but I'm curious if there is anyway to find out why it's not
> progressing beyond the 5 dots. Is there a magic key to disable the 5
> dots or some way to see what's going on during the boot process? Like
> in a typical linux console during bootup. Maybe then, if I can see
> what the problem is, I can boot MeeGo from MicroSD card and edit the
> N900's rootfs and keep my customizations. :)

You can get the serial console if you manage to get hold of a
development "jig" --- a HW adapter that connects to the battery slot of
the N900 and provides a serial connector.

Another way would have been having some startup script that sets up the
USB networking (e.g. load g_nokia kernel module and do "ifup usb0") in
every boot --- if you'd have that, you could simply plug a USB cable and
connect over ssh.

-Kimmo