Re: Can I compile a new version of BusyBox?

I love my phone but right now I am getting a bit tired of these types
or characteristics

Tired is not the word, frustrated. Is there an anti-linux sentiment
between the members or the developer team?

One reason I started compiling gnu stuff like make, was because they
were so so out of date, and why aren't we using a color version of ls
and several other commands like grep.

I have used up all the rootfs as I detailed in other thread, it is
frustrating. I want to have a linux in my hands and play around with
it, learning, as I discover new commands (for me), and new ways of
getting around issues (like now I can code in VI) all thank to the
n900.

Whats wrong with linux that we cannot have it as good as it is, and
with a well tested phone app and sms app?

Sorry I am in need of some Catharsis

f(t)