Re: Rootfs - Repartition - Modifying Image

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Paul, thanks for your suggestion and so many others in which you helped
> me (without knowing it)  :-) good time to recognize it.
> I will studied and try it out.
> I use my phone for a lot of development. None critical, nor important
> development, but important for me because it helps me learn in a TDD way,
> sort of.
> So this might help. Ultimately my goal is to have an Ubuntu like system,
> with a working (poorly if you wish) phone app. Right now I feel I am halfway
> there. But more needs to be done for me.
> I want a linux system. even the username and password stuff. even that I
> miss... :-)

No problem!

In case you didn't already try it, you'll probably be interested in
Qole's easy chroot & easy debian:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian

And he has images for Ubuntu, Fedora, MeeGo on his website:
http://qole.org/files/

And his blog with some info about using:
http://qole.blogspot.com/