Re: Rootfs - Repartition - Modifying Image

Hi Paul, thanks for your suggestion and so many others in which you helped me (without knowing it)  :-) good time to recognize it.

I will studied and try it out.

I use my phone for a lot of development. None critical, nor important development, but important for me because it helps me learn in a TDD way, sort of.

So this might help. Ultimately my goal is to have an Ubuntu like system, with a working (poorly if you wish) phone app. Right now I feel I am halfway there. But more needs to be done for me.

I want a linux system. even the username and password stuff. even that I miss... :-)

f(t)

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi I have been downloading stuff from gnu and ./configure make install and
> was wonderful.
> I even built postgres and pgAdmin3 and made them work and all.
> A wonderful experience for me and a nice way to pass the time while on the
> train.
> Now building gnu-core utils no more rootfs space.
> Now I cannot do anything important basically, compiling building stuff, and
> updating with CSSU.
> I have clean up some space
> following http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space
> I am willing to reflash but what can I lear from this?
> I know repartition is not possible as rootfs its put on a nandflash of 250mb
> which is apart of the internal 32gb storage (Which I had already partition)
> Could I get some recomendations? I wish to have a device where I could use
> more than 250mb of rootfs.
> I can learn to install to a different directories, really I am a bit lost.
> f(t)

Hi Francisco,

I have not tried it, but for example egoshin's method he described
here is to put rootfs onto the emmc instead:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59374