Re: Installing Firefox 4 beta 2 in N900 - howto?

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Dawid Lorenz (maemobile)
<dawid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Only solution for me is to download the deb file and install with dpkg.
>
> That's what I'll probably do at the end but I'm feeling dirty just thinking
> about dpkg to install packages.

The good news is that it is worth it, the latest Fennec nightlies are
really pretty good quality and browsing is very fast. (as long as you
don't need Flash...)

> Interesting thing is that these nightly builds updated from repo *did* work
> for me sometime ago (in pre-fennec 1.1 era), before I decided to get rid of
> fennec from my N900 altogether.

It used to work for me, too, I think it stopped working in early 2010
sometime, maybe around PR1.1.1 release,