help please ...

Help please to sort out my N900. It may be that the problem is as simple as the resolution of the following to error messages (which are presumably related).Following the latest firmware update (which is to say having been USBd to my PC and disconnected without the proper safe procedure ...) the N900 (which otherwise seems fine) downloaded two small apps but thn refused to download anything further saying that it has 'insufficient memory' and to uninstall applications to free memory. the first claim isn't true and the uninstallation makes no difference. There is a second, intermittent, error message which says that the memory is read only and which suggests re-attaching the phone to the PC.This seems to have no effect at all. the long and short of it may therefore be the question of how to repair the memory. (And perhaps for me to be more disciplinedin detaching the USB cable in future.

There have however  several difficulties, some of my making, some of  Nokia's. I downloaded Hide user Agent and asked the phone to report as Android. This just before a Nokia person persuaded me to re-install the software thereby wiping out all third-part apps. Since then I have been quite unable to find - never mind download - HUA despite having the extras-devel repos in app manager. Not sure if this matters although I suspect it bars me from Ovi Store.

Any help with these things would come as a great relief to my poor befuddled mind.

Nick