Re: N900 Repos

Thnx,

I dont think that Im missing alot, Fedora, CentOS great distros also... :)

My repos now look like that

in hildon-application-manager.list I have

deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/ ./
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/003 ./
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/ ./

and in sources.list I have

deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ fremantle-1.2 free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ diablo free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ gregale free non-free

for diablo I was forced to add the gpg manually using this command

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 3F027BB1

yet, that did not fix the problem entirely as I am getting gpg warnings!!!!

Now, I can see curl, but I got this error

Nokia-N900:/etc/apt# apt-get install curl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  curl: Depends: libssl0.9.7 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

so, I searched for libssl, and it seems the one available is libssl0.9.8 - SSL shared libraries, so this could explains why curl is broken! Any thoughts?

thnx

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Johann Spies <johann.spies@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hallo fmb fmb

> I am a new N900 user, I am familiar with Redhat falvours, but never dealt
> with debian before...

You have missed a lot :)

> This is a list of the repos in my N900
>
> Nokia-N900:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat hildon-application-manager.list
>
> deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/apps/ ./
> deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/003 ./
> deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/ ./
> deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ fremantle-1.2 free non-free
> deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ fremantle free non-free
> deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing/ fremantle free non-free
>
> yet I am not able to install curl, wget for instance...! I did "apt-get
> update" and searched with "dpkg -l|grep wget" and yet nothing is there...

I see a few things on my N900:

*  /etc/apt/sources.list is empty.
* I have wget available. I am not sure what I did to get it.
* I don't have curl available
* My repositories are defined in the app-manager.  I am not sure where
it keeps this list.

I think I have used http://wiki.maemo.org/Repository to set up my repositories.

Regards
Johann
--
    "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a
     man soweth, that shall he also reap."