Re: Desktop icons disappeared after reboot

Hi,

ext Christoph Eckert wrote:
I'm running PR 1.2 on my N900. I'm mainly using it as a mapping device.

Yesterday I replaced the battery. After the reboot, all desktop icons (shortcuts, widgets) have disappeard except for some bookmarks I saved on the desktop. Further, I now cannot add any desktop icons. When I'm in editing mode and klick on the desktop menu, nothing happens. Additional reboots didn't cure the problem.
> additional info: The battery drains, as the following application is
> constantly eating 96% of my CPU and 11.4% of my memory:
> /usr/bin/hildon-home

To me this sounds like hildon-home gets completely non-responsive after
it has (mostly) started up.  Or do the bookmarks on Home still work?

> Pretty interesting.

One possibility is a bad applet.  If you just kill -9 hildon-home, it
should skip all 3rd party applets on startup.

	- Eero