Re: Checking email takes minutes

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yesterday I received an SMS from Nokia saying there was new software
> for my N900. Among the improvements was video calls with Skype and
> GTalk as well as updates to email functions. Hoping this update would
> fix my problem I went to the application manager only to find out
> there was no update available. Now it's been more than a day since the
> message and there is still no update. Anyone here knows more about
> this?

Please see the thread "[My Nokia Tip] 17 June 2010: Download Nokia
Software Updater (was: new update available)" on talk.maemo.org:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56442

>From what I can tell (without having seen it), the text message from
My Nokia was poorly worded. I believe the message was intended to
promote Nokia Software Updater, not a specific update. There's no new
firmware for the N900 beyond PR1.2, not yet at least, and it's a bit
early for a PR1.3 or even a PR1.2.1 to realistically be impending.

   -stephen