Re: wayfinder on n800 license expired

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Paolo Casarini <paolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Two years ago I bought the navigation kit for Nokia N800 and last week when I started the application a popup dialog tells me that the license is expired. Does anybody know how to solve the problem? I don't remember any limit declared when I bought the product.
>
> I wrote to the wayfinder support but nobody replies to me.

Search "wayfinder" or "navicore" at talk.maemo.org forums, there are
many threads about it. Apparently licenses were changed to 3 years
expiry when Wayfinder was sold, and they have since effectively gone
out of business, so your only apparent option is to find some
workaround to the license (decide for yourself if it is moral or
legal) or use another program like MaemoMapper.