Re: Buzz client for Maemo

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Kahlil Johnson <jzarecta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Aldon Hynes
> <Aldon.Hynes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> For wave, I would encourage you to check out QWaveClient
>> http://code.google.com/p/qwaveclient
>>
>> It is still very early code, but I've tested it on my N900 with some luck.
>> The downside is that QWave Client works with federated wave servers, but not
>> with the Google Preview Wave server.
>>
>> For a little more on this, check out my blog post from last December
>> Programming the Nokia #N900
>> http://www.orient-lodge.com/node/3876
>> where I talk a little bit more about compiling QWaveClient for the N900
>>
>> Other than that, I don't know of any clients other than the browsers which
>> seem to work fine.  The same applies to Buzz.
>
> Sounds great, althought for most of the BUZZ even if they don't
> support XMPP being able to "buzz" should be rather simple. Acording to
> the buzz api this consist on google standard technology
> http://code.google.com/apis/buzz/documentation/#connect
>
> According to the documentation:
> Over the next several months Google Buzz will introduce an API for
> developers, including full/read write support for posts with the Atom
> Publishing Protocol, rich activity notification with Activity Streams,
> delegated authorization with OAuth, federated comments and activities
> with Salmon, distributed profile and contact information with
> WebFinger, and much, much more.
>
>> For Buzz, there have been requests that Buzz support XMPP.  (As an aside,
>> Wave's internals are based on XMPP).  Currently Buzz does not support XMPP.
>> However, Facebook Chat now does, and I've had some great chats with people
>> on Facebook using the Nokia N900 Conversations client.

Looking at BuzzIt (Firefox extension) saw that at the core there is
nothing more than a JS file which uses gmail services to be able to
"buzz". It seems this will be rather easy to create on a widget.
I am still not a developer nor an expert on how to develop widgets in
maemo, but it seems that at the core is only a matter of use a file
like the following: http://jza.pastebin.com/TXKrxECE

At core I see the following:
var createtab =
gBrowser.loadOneTab('https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&tf=1&to=buzz@xxxxxxxxx&su='+encodeURIComponent(summary)+
' --%0D%0A['+shortURL+']%0D%0A-- [Sent.ViaBuzz.it]');

--
Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"