Re: Buzz client for Maemo

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Aldon Hynes
<Aldon.Hynes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For wave, I would encourage you to check out QWaveClient
> http://code.google.com/p/qwaveclient
>
> It is still very early code, but I've tested it on my N900 with some luck.
> The downside is that QWave Client works with federated wave servers, but not
> with the Google Preview Wave server.
>
> For a little more on this, check out my blog post from last December
> Programming the Nokia #N900
> http://www.orient-lodge.com/node/3876
> where I talk a little bit more about compiling QWaveClient for the N900
>
> Other than that, I don't know of any clients other than the browsers which
> seem to work fine.  The same applies to Buzz.

Sounds great, althought for most of the BUZZ even if they don't
support XMPP being able to "buzz" should be rather simple. Acording to
the buzz api this consist on google standard technology
http://code.google.com/apis/buzz/documentation/#connect

According to the documentation:
Over the next several months Google Buzz will introduce an API for
developers, including full/read write support for posts with the Atom
Publishing Protocol, rich activity notification with Activity Streams,
delegated authorization with OAuth, federated comments and activities
with Salmon, distributed profile and contact information with
WebFinger, and much, much more.

> For Buzz, there have been requests that Buzz support XMPP.  (As an aside,
> Wave's internals are based on XMPP).  Currently Buzz does not support XMPP.
> However, Facebook Chat now does, and I've had some great chats with people
> on Facebook using the Nokia N900 Conversations client.
>
> Aldon

Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"