RE: Java for Maemo 5?

Aldon Hynes wrote:
> I finally got a chance to sit down and write up some of my experiences
> and what I did.  You can read it at

> Running Java on an #N900
> http://www.orient-lodge.com/node/4013

I just wanted to add my experiences with Java Embedded and Cambridge
Labs OpenJDK on the N900 as well as with running J2ME midlets /
applications using MicroEmulator (http://www.microemu.org/) but I
somehow hit the wrong key which caused my browser to open a new URL, and
after pressing "back" everything I had already entered was gone. :-/

Using extremely smart magic JavaScript for the comment feature which
destroys a commentors text if he makes a tiny mistake is not really
optimal, had it been a standard static textarea my text would have
survied the mistake I made. :-(

Long story short, Sun's Java Embedded runs *much* faster than Cambridge
Lab's OpenJDK (Which doesn't use a JIT, as far as I understand.) and
MicroEmu seems to work as well, althought I've not yet tested it
throughoutly.

Greetings,

  Gunter