Re: carrier credit control application for Indian Carriers

This message really belongs on maemo-users, not maemo-community.  Please
direct further replies to the maemo-users list.

On Friday 19 March 2010 14:00:43 Amit Sethi wrote:
> In India we have a prepaid system of paying to the mobile carrier service
> provider . In most other devices I have
> used after any usage I used to get a message telling me my  current balance
> . I say message but it definitely doesn't use
> the sms protocol . I really don't know what protocol or system this uses .
> But this seems to be a client side(subscriber side)
> for something called Diameter Credit-Control Application[1] . Now is the
> problem of device or the carrier. I am not able to understand
> can somebody put some light on it .

It definitely isn't Diameter CCA -- that is a protocol used internally within
the network for exchanging charging messages.  It is probably USSD
notification (although it could also be Flash SMS).  I haven't tested either
with the N900 but my guess is that Flash SMS should work but USSD
notification probably doesn't (I wonder if that will be included in the PR1.2
fixes?).

Which network?  Which circle?

Graham