Re: FM Transmitter/Receiver as Walkie-Talkie

due to regulations in most countries, transmitters in these devices are usually limited to an output power of 50 nanowatts -- which results in less than 10 meter range even under ideal conditions. I'm not trying to discourage you but feel you should know the limitations you're working with beforehand.

q.v. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=fm+transmitter