Re: FM Transmitter Sends Sounds But Not Music

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Chris Ross <maemo570@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've tried taking out the battery and it doesn't get more rebooted than
> that. Still no joy.
>
> I can confirm that the sounds of games come through fine, so I'm sure that
> the hardware is working. It's only the media player that seems to be able to
> transmit its clicks and beeps but doesn't transmit the music.

A totally wild guess: is it possible that the music(s) you are trying
to play have some kind of DRM in place that forbids playing
over-the-air ? Have you tried other random supported file formats, or
tried recording some sound with the microphone then playing it?

Does N900's media player have any kind of DRM support at all?

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
OpenBossa Labs - INdT