Re: Getting started with a 770, tips?

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 03:40:10AM +0100, sebastian maemo wrote:
> > First of all, how can I find out which firmware and OS version the
> > tablet is running? And how can I upgrade to the latest versions that
> > will run on the 770?
> >

> I'm still using OS2006, but I think you're already using OS2007...
>
> Are you running your filesystem from flash memory or from MMC?

I'm on OS2007HE now, yeah. It's installed on the flash memory, I also
use an MMC but the OS is not installed on the MMC.

> > And second, where should I look for repositories and other places to
> > find applications for the 770?
>
> The best place for me, without any doubt:
>
> http://www.gronmayer.com/it/

Great link, thanks!

> Here's a list of useful applications that I've installed on my little
> lovely 770: (thank you very much to all of them who have made this
> possible)

Wow, that's a _lot_ of stuff. Isn't your 770 running out of memory with
all that? Doesn't it slow it down to have that many packages installed?
There's a few packages from your list that sound useful, I might try
looking for OS2007 packages on gronmayer.com.