Re: Indications with maps.

Hi,

2010/2/19 Xabier Rodriguez Calvar <xrcalvar@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Now that Nokia announced that navigation with indications will be free
> forever, I'd like to know if we'll be able to do that with the N900.
> Maybe I missed the info somewhere else, but if somebody can tell me
> something or point me to the info, I'd be pleased.

Nokia is moving all is applications, OS ecc... to be Qt based, so I
really expect a Qt based Ovi Maps application someday.
Even if Harmattan won't be ported to N900, it's users will be able to
use Harmattan applications anyway thanks to official Qt support for
N900 too.

Until now Maemo was only an "experimental" OS, but I think that the
fusion with Moblin that made MeeGo and in particular the fact that
we're all expecting the "final step" from them, all these things will
bring more and more applications to N900 and future Nxxxx, so I really
think that we'll have this feature too.

n.b: this is just my personal hopinion and it would be nice to have
some confirmation, but I think we'll have to wait some months to
know...

--
Andrea Grandi
email: a.grandi [AT] gmail [DOT] com