From: maemo-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:maemo-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Gunter Ohrner
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 3:16 PM
To: maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Not enough memory

Nelson Ferreira wrote:
> 4. Allow for the package cache to be out of rootfs

I did not receive my recently ordered N900 so far, but can't you
transparently move the apt cache (and other larger directories)
somewhere else using a bind mount?

I'd assume most things in /var/cache, /var/spool (if it exists) and
/var/lib do not need to reside on the "/" partition.

Greetings,

  Gunter