Re: N900: Issue with Photo Viewer and File Explorer

2010/2/4 Kimmo Hämäläinen <kimmo.hamalainen@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 15:20 +0100, ext Walter Di Carlo wrote:
>> 2) When I open the Photo viewer of the Multimedia application they do
>> not list the photos or the multimedia files. Sometime, the N900 notify
>> me that it will update the list but at the end it doesn't show
>> anything.
>
> Sounds like tracker's files are corrupted. You can recover by running
> command
> "rm -rf /home/user/.local/share/tracker"
> in X Terminal and rebooting. Before doing that, it could be a good idea
> to save those files and report a bug for it.

You are right. Thank you. By opening tracker-indexer.log I have found
many messages such as the following

"unable to open database file"

So, now the questions are:

1) What's the best to not loose data such as the tags? Perhaps they
are stored into the media files.

2) How do I avoid to public private data?

Perhaps the best way to proceed is to open the SQlite data base and
check what type of information it contains and remove the one cannot
be public. After that I can submit the bug report.

Ciao,

Walter