Feature request: run dhcp when connecting the n900 using PANU

After many hours of frustration I finally got it working.

The problem seems to be that PC Network Manager does not support running
the DHCP client, and the phone I connect to (iphone) does not seem to
like routing packages of an address that has not been given its DHCP
server.

The solution was to manually set an address in the Bluetooth section of
Network Manager (set to enable already) and then run as root

/sbin/udhcpc -f -i bnep0

This runs the dhcp client on the bnep0 device. It retrieves the
appropriate IP address, routing info, and DNS server.

It would be great if this feature would be added to future versions of
PC Network Manager. I was very surprised to see that no DHCP client was
supported.

--dmg

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/