forcing north up on (ovi) map app

I assume I am not the only one somewhat frustrated with the
"new" "ovi map" map application on the N900. I assume (and
hope) it will at some point be upgraded/replaced with
something that can do voice instructions (in line with
the Nokia announcements for the Symbian phones), but for
now, does anyone know any way to force it into north-up
mode? Clicking on the top part of the compass rose makes
it go north up for just long enough that you have not quite
managed to orient yourself, before rotating back...

	Julf