Re: Some Questions to Maemo and the N900

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Uwe Kaminski <jukey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alexander Schröter schrieb:
>>
>> 3rd Question: This one has nothing to do with the English phone, this is
>> about the pim apps of maemo. Since I am running my own kolab-server I would
>> love to have my n900 sync via syncml with the kolab server. And this simply
>> brings me to the question is syncml supported and if not jet will it be in
>> the near future?

in my experience I used GPE calendar to sync my google events, it does
have a remote ical feed that can update the events. There is a tiny
bug thought, which it duplicates the events. But I think this is a
great combo since it also has a widget so all the alerts are running.
I guess maybe Kollab will have something similar. Other alternative is
to wait until Maemo 6 or even going all experimental and download KDE
for the N900 and then you could use Kontact.

My 2 cents.

> There is an early but (for me and othe users) well working versions of
> syncevolution for the N900. This makes it possible to sync via http(s) to
> syncml servers.
>
> I wrote a littel how-to (in german language):
> http://sn.im/u2dta   [internettabletblog_de]
>
> Ciao Uwe
> --
> Uwe Kaminski