Re: Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool documentation updated

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 08:13:18AM +0100, Jarmo.Tikka@xxxxxxxxx wrote: Have
> you installed Nokia PC Suite into same PC? Flasher-3.5 uses same Nokia
> Connectivity drivers with PC Suite and sometimes cooperation with PC Suite
> fails somehow. We are investigating these problem reports.

In my particular case, Flasher 3.5 works reliably for me under Windows XP as long
as I:

1) Unplug my main USB hub and use a directly connected USB port (actually it
is a docking station port so there is still a hub in the docking station
being used but having lots of devices and lots of hubs seems to make Windows
less likely to even spot the plugging in of the device, let alone actually
work!).

2) Reboot Windows, so it knows nothing about all those devices I have just
unplugged!

3) Once Windows has started, PC Suite starts running -- I need to tell it to
exit (although I don't need to uninstall it).  If I leave it running then
when I plug in the N900 with the u key held down, PC Suite gives an error
message and Flasher does not see the device.

4) Use the "hold down the u key" trick (although this step may not be
necessary with the production device -- I always do it so I have not
checked).

Graham