Re: Facebook app is just a commercial after update

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Timo Pelkonen <peltsip@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So question, is there a facebook app or is it just the widget?
>> Maybe I can go to uninstall and remove the add and then the real app
>> will show up (althought I doubt it).
>> Maybe I should google at maemo repo and learn what really is out there.
>>
>> I would love to have a facebook app that allow me to upload my camera
>> pics.
>>

>> --
>> Kahlil Johnson
>> "Ya tengo GMAIL!!"
>>

> You allready have app that allows uploading of pics if you have installed
> the facebook app (with installer or from HAM, doesn't matter)
> are you familiar how media sharing is done with N900? I suggest you look at
> user manual.
>
> Timo / Ossipena

Ok I see that this tweaks the image app and enhace it with facebook on
the service space. I was thinking more of a an actual facebook client
like the ones on blackberry and Iphone which are different from the
N900 widget.

For example I cant send msg to facebook from the widget, nor post on
my friends wall's. But I guess this is good enough. I would also
wonder if there is a way to extend the conversations Chat to also
allow Facebook buddies. Pidgin for linux has this extension but the
library is not builted for N900.

http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-facebookchat/

Would be good to get it ported to the N900 pidgin. I would report the
bug except garage doesn't seem to have a page for N900's Pidgin.

--
Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"