Re: Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool documentation updated

Hi,

[jot] Comments below…

&&&&&
From: Kimmo H?m?l?inen <kimmo.hamalainen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool documentation updated
To: ext Graham Cobb <g+770@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx" <maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 18:20 +0100, ext Graham Cobb wrote:
> On Friday 08 January 2010 12:17:13 Graham Cobb wrote:
> > I will try to do some more testing later, get some logs and report this as
> > a bug.  So far, I have only ever noticed it when I am in a hurry to get the
> > device reflashed and I just go back to using Windows!
>
> I can only reproduce this with my legacy (pre-summit) device.  My production
> device seems to work reliably (at least under 32-bit Debian -- I haven't
> tried 64-bit).
>
> I don't suppose anyone is interested in a bug report about a legacy device.
> So, I will continue using Windows to flash that one.  Unfortunately it is my
> main development and test device so it gets flashed more than my production
> one!

Your old device may have older bootloader, and it could be that cold
flashing (using serial cable) the device to update the bootloader would
solve the problem. But you'd need a development jig/dock for that. When
the flashing (USB) protocol has changed, sometimes it has required
bootloader update.

-Kimmo
&&&&&

[jot] You should try to cold flash with USB cable to see it that helps.
[jot] See details from our flasher documentation here:http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Development_Environment/Maemo_Flasher-3.5

[jot] I also added new Known issues chapter to the end of the page. When you have confirmed some problem to be true (with sales HW :) add it to the Known issues list and/or write a bug report about it.

&&&&&
Aniello Del Sorbo anidel@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

This may be related also to the fact that if I flash a device, then I
have to reboot the laptop in order to
be able to re-flash it or flash another device or flash the eMMC image.
--
anidel
Sent from London, Eng, United Kingdom

[jot] On which operating system and PC environment this happens as I have not seen anything like this before?

Cheers,
//Jarmo