Re: newbie question: out of space on n810

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 23:21 -0600, ScottW wrote:
> I am having issues with my n810:
> 	- can not update the weather
> 	- can not update maemo mapper maps
> 	- open application manager and it is blank, no catalogs showing at all
> 	- can not add bookmarks
>
> The bookmark told me it was out of space and I need to make more room.  What gui application is good for figuring out where I am out of space, what I can delete, and have it delete it for me?  I am not good at navigating the command line yet (big fingers on small keyboard) nor do I understand the linux folder structure to know what can be deleted safely.
>
> Thanks in advance!  Happy New Year to all!!

	It sounds like you need to move the files stored on the device itself.
This sounds like what happened to me. Using the built in file manager,
move the personal files you've stored in /xx N810, including the
subfolders /Audio Clips, /Documents, /Games, /Images, and /Video Clips
to an external memory card. If yo use a program; like Claws mail that
stores files on your device; point it to the memory cards as well. In my
usage, the internal memory filled up quickly, producing symptoms like
yours. Good luck.
--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber