Re: N900 features

    Peter> I've never quite understood why, given that only 10 years
    Peter> ago, my main system was a 64Mb desktop running Red Hat 3 or
    Peter> something, and WordPerfect for Linux (another monolithic
    Peter> monster) executed quite usably, if slowly. I would have
    Peter> thought that in the intervening decade, technology would
    Peter> have advanced a little more than this.

It has -- Microsoft Word has invented lots more kinds of bloat than
they had 10 years ago, so a program that tries to read all possible
Word documents has to be lots bigger.

Software never gets faster.  When they make the hardware faster, they
make the software slower to compensate.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

What a natural history of religion would show is that the human
experience of the divine has deep roots in psychoactive plants and
fungi.  (Karl Marx may have gotten it backward when he called religion
the opiate of the people.)

Michael Pollan, _The Botany of Desire_