Re: N900 features

Mark Haury wrote:
> OpenOffice.org is available for the N8x0 through Easy Debian, but I
> don't know if it will work with the N900 yet.

I'm amazed that it even executes. It must be 10x the size of AbiWord. Is
it actually usable? My experience of large programs on the N800 is that
they take forever to load, and when running, they spend so long on
internals and housekeeping that they don't have enough cycles left over
to service keyclicks or screentaps.

I've never quite understood why, given that only 10 years ago, my main
system was a 64Mb desktop running Red Hat 3 or something, and
WordPerfect for Linux (another monolithic monster) executed quite
usably, if slowly. I would have thought that in the intervening decade,
technology would have advanced a little more than this.

///Peter