Re: can't type ~ in browser

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 19:07, Jeffrey Mark Siskind <qobi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the URL entry bar in the Web browser on the N900, I can't type a ~. If I
> type th eblue arrow, Sym the virtual keyboard comes up. I can click on ~ and
> it gets highlighted. But unlike in the X terminal, it doesn't then deexpose and
> enter the ~ in the URL entry bar. Is this a bug or have I just not figured out
> how to do this the intended way?

Tap the ~, press space and then join the ranks of people upset by the
broken, unobvious, unintuitive and just plain crazy behaviour of the
character palette.

I'd say vote for the bug, but can't find it (perhaps the easiest way
of finding it would be to raise it again and let Andre mark it as a
dupe ;-))

Cheers,

Andrew

--